Keven M. Ellis, DC
Dr. Ellis was first introduced to Chiropractic when he was 7 years old. At that time his mother began her chiropractic education at Texas Chiropractic College. From that point on, chiropractic became a part of his life. It was during his freshman year of college that he decided, working behind a desk in the ï¿½business worldï¿½, was not for him. Shortly thereafter he completed his pre-medical requirement and was enrolled at Texas Chiropractic College. After graduating from chiropractic college, Dr. Ellis became an associate doctor with Dr. Mark J. Davis in Clear Lake, TX. Coincidentally, this was the same doctor that his mother first associated with following her completion of chiropractic college.
Dr. Ellis married Shelli Cox in 1993 and following the birth of their children, they started considering moving from Houston to a better place for their children to grow up. In 1998, they moved to Lufkin, TX, the home of Shelliï¿½s parents, Glen and Susie Cox.
Dr. Ellis, Shelli and the children have enjoyed becoming a part of Lufkin, actively becoming involved in the community and their church.
1995 ï¿½ Texas Chiropractic College (Doctor of Chiropractic - Cum Laude)
- Omega Psi Honor Society Texas Chiropractic College (1994-95)
- Who's Who among American College Students (1995)
- Student American Chiropractic Association, Chapter Secretary (1994-95)
- Student Body Association, Treasurer (1993-95)
- National Dean's List (1992-95)
1992 ï¿½ Western Washington University (Pre-med Undergraduate Studies)
- 1998 to present: Private Practice in Lufkin, Texas.
- 1997-1998: Chiropractic Director of multi-disciplinary practice that included medical doctors and physical therapists.
- 1995-1997: Group practice with Mark J. Davis, DC in Clear Lake, Texas.
- 1995: Internship with Dr. David J. MacDougall, Professor of Neurosurgery, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston.
- Spending time with our three children
- Attending Texas A&M sporting events with our current Aggie children
- Competing in Triathalons
Licensures & Certifications
- Designated Doctor ï¿½ Texas Workers Compensation Commission
- Impairment Rating Evaluator ï¿½ Wholeperson Institute
- Texas Board of Chiropractic Examiners 1995-present
- National Board of Chiropractic Examiners ï¿½ Certified
- Omega Psi Honor Society
- American Red Cross ï¿½ Protect Your Back Certified Instructor
- 1998 - present: Member of the Lufkin Host Lions Club
- Past-Chairman of the Z&OO Railroad
- Current Director for Angelina County Benefit Rodeo Board
- Current Director for Lions Club Board
- 1998 - present: Member of the Angelina County Chamber of Commerce
- Past-Chairman of the Small Business Council
- 2008 - 2012: Lufkin ISD Tri-Ethic Committee
- 2012 - 2016: Lufkin ISD Board of Trustees
- 2017 - present: State Board of Education - Member District 9